It seems that when you deploy a docker app (eg uptime-kuma) it puts a port number in, but users can change it. How do you ensure you dont end up with multiple users/containers trying to use the same port, or using ports you prefer to reserve. What about firewalls. Do you just pick a range, dst-nat them and let the users fight for a port or is it somehow managed ?
I'm starting to guess that perhaps you should permit docker for external clients unless you have an IP you can dedicate to each client. Let me know if this is correct
Maybe IPv6 is a better option, at least for docker as I have more than I know what to do with. The only issue is a much smaller audience.
I'm starting to guess that perhaps you should permit docker for external clients unless you have an IP you can dedicate to each client. Let me know if this is correct
Maybe IPv6 is a better option, at least for docker as I have more than I know what to do with. The only issue is a much smaller audience.
Last edited: